Navigate 2016 is a dynamic education summit for students and their teachers that will provide them the opportunity to learn from the experts, share ideas, and advance water and environmental education in their schools and communities.
Our multi-dimensional program includes:
- Plenary sessions and workshops
- Parallel programming for students and teachers
- A gala event with our keynote speaker, noted adventurer Julie Angus
- A fun social event to hang out with your fellow Navigators
Using a watershed approach the summit will examine a range of environmental topics and themes including:
- Renewable and non-renewable resources with an emphasis on water, forest and energy development
- Cumulative effects on Alberta’s watersheds
- Current and emerging issues – climate change, species at risk & water management
- Research, technology and innovation
- Careers in environmental stewardship
- Environmental literacy, conservation, & stewardship
School based leadership teams will be challenged to develop an environmental leadership project – an education and action plan for implementation upon return to their schools.
We have put together amazing program that will bring current water topics to life. Themes have been carefully selected to generate meaningful conversations and support you in developing your project.
Check out the full Navigate 2016 Program
*Please note: this program schedule is subject to change