The three-day Navigate summit is a fun and unique opportunity for students and teachers to learn together and work towards advancing environmental literacy in Alberta. The multi-dimensional summit has been designed to inspire ideas, discussion and action in Alberta’s young environmental leaders.
- The Navigate summit aims to promote fluency in science, technology, issues, and careers that shape Alberta’s environmental landscape.
- Sessions will examine multiple perspectives related to the most current and emerging topics related to natural resource development in our province including climate change, species at risk, water management, energy development, and more!
- The summit will feature a one-of-a-kind summit structure educational jigsaws following the TED philosophy.
- Plenary sessions for teachers and students to learn together will be complemented by parallel programming to add value for each audience.
- Concurrent programs aim to enable both students and teachers to apply their learning back in the classroom.
- Teams will start working on a environmental literacy project that will encourage awareness, understanding and excitement about summit topics in their schools and communities.
- Students and teachers will gain valuable connections, resources and the confidence to become environmental leaders for Alberta.